Fall 2016 TV Part 1

Fall TV season is finally here! A lot of the shows I watch are returning sitcoms/dramas, so I don’t have much of a TV void to fill. Still, I ended up watching a few pilot episodes this month and here are my thoughts about them!

The Good Place
Synopsis: A woman struggles to define what it means to be "good"(IMDb)
I think anything with Kristen Bell goes up on people’s watch lists, and a show by the creator of Parks and Recreation? Yes please! I’m curious to see how they would make it work. The show itself seems a bit expensive to maintain, but I like the different characters. Hopefully they do share more scenes together instead of branching out to two story lines completely.

Speechless
Synopsis: A family with a special-needs child is good at dealing with the challenges it faces and excellent at creating new ones. (IMDb)
I like how the show runners didn’t mess this up. I’m usually wary with shows like this because the writing and storylines could mess things up but I liked this. I’m getting into the family dynamic of the show and I can’t wait to see how they would take the story; I’m hoping that this would be a gem.

Designated Survivor
Synopsis: A low-level Cabinet member becomes President of the United States after a catastrophic attack kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession. (IMDb)

This is a show that I’m hoping would continue to develop in a gripping way as the pilot episode hooked me. The events are setting the stage for the major players of the show, and I can’t wait to see where the season goes.

Note: All my opinions are based on the pilot episodes. I may or may not have watched succeeding episodes afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment