Thursday Movie Picks: Small Towns

Thursday Movie Picks is hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves. For the entries of other participants and themes for the year, visit her site! This week is about movies set in small towns. I'm not sure if the town has to be existing or fictional, but here are my picks for this week. 


Hot Fuzz - This is my favorite from the trilogy, and from Edgar Wright. It's hilarious, and it has an action sequence! I haven't seen this film in ages though, it is due for a re-watch. 

The World's End - There's this pub in Edinburgh with the same name, and it's quite famous (or at least I think it is, they have non-pub merchandise!). This has Simon Pegg and his gang go on a pub crawl only to end up in a middle of a sci-fi conspiracy. It's a fun end of the trilogy.

The Grand Seduction - What I really loved about this movie is its location. It's so scenic, I would love to go there some time. This version of the film is the remake, starring Brendan Gleeson. 

2 comments:

  1. I've only seen World's End, which was just okay to me. I've been meaning to watch Hot Fuzz for ages. I've never heard of The Grand Seduction, but I love Brendan Gleeson. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't see any of them, wow, what a great comment on my movie watching. :D

    ReplyDelete