Skip to main content

Captain America Blogathon

I found out about Fandago Groover's blogathon through Fisti's post (read his choices here) and I thought that I'll give it a try. The blogathon's objectives is to recommend 10 films to Steve Rogers, who has been frozen for a long time. Besides the year constriction, it can be about anything - historical relevance, etc. It was a challenge, as I could have made a list of films to recommend based on reputation alone (like the likes of Citizen Kane). However, I thought that it's best to be familiar with the films I'll recommend, especially when asked an opinion about it.

Here's my top 10 depending on my personal preference. I decided to mix it up a bit, choosing movies that tackle specific topics, and adding a bit of pop culture references along the way.Some of them are my personal favorites, others I thought that it may add some perspective to certain things. 

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 

Schindler's List 

Lost in Translation

Indiana Jones trilogy (I choose to ignore the fourth movie)

Dr. No

The Dark Knight

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

To Kill a Mockingbird

Wall-E

Little Miss Sunshine

Comments

  1. Great list! (We had some of the same picks) Those are definitely must see movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how often Wall-E is on people's lists in this blogathon :) Loved your choices here, Schindler's List would definitely end up high on my list - not only a great film but also such an important one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because it encompasses everything that's great about animation (at least, that's my reason). Schindler's List was wonderful, and it's such a must see. It was a visual eye opener.

      Delete

Post a Comment