Tuesday, May 13

The Ten: Most Iconic Movie Characters


Katy has asked me to participate in My Filmview's iconic movie characters relay! Before anything else, here are the rules: 

A list of 10 iconic movie characters has been made. That list will be assigned to another blogger who can then change it by removing one character (describing why they think it should not be on the list) and replace it with another one (also with motivation) and hand over the baton to another blogger. Once assigned that blogger will have to put his/her post up within a week. If this is not the case the blogger who assigned it has to reassign it to another blogger. After you have posted your update leave the link in the comments here and I will make sure it gets added to the overview post.


Movie Characters so far:



Who I'm Replacing

Sorry, Mrs. Robinson. After much consideration, I was left with choosing between Mrs. Robinson and Scarlett O'Hara. Since Gone with the Wind was a film that I haven't seen, I don't think I can justify taking her off the list. Mrs Robinson was a great character, and I'm sad to see her go. I'm filling her slot with a character from the recent past, Harry Potter. To say that Harry Potter has changed the world might be an overstatement, but he did influence it in some way. Not only did he introduce us to Hogwarts, he also does his best to save the wizard world. He had quite an adventure, from finding out his other identity, down to fulfilling his destined path, Harry Potter is definitely The Boy Who Lived. 

With that, I'm passing on the relay to Elina from Films and Coke!

Blogs that have participated:

16 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you! I've been eyeing this blogathon from a distance for quite a while now, I'm honoured to be a part of it! Absolutely agree with adding Harry. The Boy Who Lived deserves to be on all of them lists! Glad you didn't take Scarlett away in the end, too -- you should watch Gone with the Wind, it's an awesome film. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your addition to the list! :)

      Delete
  2. Aww sad to see Mrs. Robinson go but Harry Potter was my first choice (forever and always) so yaay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter has definitely made his mark as an iconic character. If he would survive the test of time, that's another question. :)

      Delete
  3. This blogathon definetly should have at least 20 spots, at this point people are replacing one iconic character with another iconic one :) I like your choice, Harry is so recognizable and it's good that you didn't add more Star Wars characters to the list, I think at one point that list had 3 of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly gets harder to choose who to replace and the character to replace it with.

      Star Wars is an iconic franchise, but I think that one character is enough (though there's a lot of iconic characters besides the ones already mentioned before).

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen the Harry Potter movies, but he's an iconic character for sure! Sad to see Mrs. Robinson go though :-(

    I like how much this is evolving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pool of iconic characters is endless, it's really hard to keep it at 10.

      Delete
  5. Yeah! Harry Potter! I considered adding him when I got this, but I didn't since he was from a novel before a film. I'm happy to see him here. He certainly deserves to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter has certainly made an impact, both in the the novels and in the movies. The novels definitely succeeded in its transition to film.

      Delete
  6. Great pick. I wouldn't consider Mrs. Robinson an iconic character either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to say it but nice replacement! Mrs. Robinson is certainly a beloved memorable character, however, Harry Potter's presence in film (and books) is an eternal one. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie yet - I'll have to give it a go soon!

      Delete