Skip to main content

7/14: Light Kisses from the Breeze, I Stood Wondering.

How did July treat everybody? Whether you've been basking under the sun, or running from the rain, or trying to stay warm, I hope you had a great month! This post would not be as updated as the previous monthly recap, as I've had this on queue before I left for vacation. Still, I think I managed to have watched a few new to me films, and tackled some of my reading material. I announced last month about my reading project, and it might have took some time to have it up, but here is it : Project 52: A Year in Books. I'll be updating the page as the year goes, but feel free to suggest some reading material. So, on with the (sort of) recap!

22 Jump Street | A Long Way Down | Begin Again | Chef | E.T. The Extra Terrestrial | Rio 2 | Smashed | The Angriest Man in Brooklyn | The Raid | They Came Together

22 Jump Street - It was very funny, partly because of the material and because of the atmosphere in the theater. It still doesn't beat the first one, though.
A Long Way Down - I'm not sure if the source material itself is mediocre, but the movie definitely was.
Begin Again - I am obsessed with the soundtrack of this film. I really can't believe Keira Knightley did her singing. She was good. The film was charming, and not how I expected it to be. 
Rio 2 - It tried to capture the same creativity and liveliness of its predecessor, but it lacked the punch it needed to make it a bonafide hit.
The Angriest Man in Brooklyn - This was pretty lackluster. Even Peter Dinklage couldn't save this.
The Raid - There's definitely a lot of action sequences. 
They Came Together - I like the premise - that it acts as a parody on romantic comedies - and is pretty blatant with that from the start. There were a lot of elements lifted from some of the well-known romantic comedies, and the movie doesn't waste any time with making fun of the genre and the stereotypes that go along with it. I didn't expect much because the trailer looks ridiculous, but as someone whose seen a fair share of the genre, this will give you a chuckle or two.




Mariah shares her list of annoying sci-fi/fantasy characters.


Brittani reviews Enemy.

Fisti reviews Under the Skin.

Wendell shares his top Harrison Ford roles.

Ben reviews Begin Again.

Caitlin reviews Boyhood.

Courtney reviews Obvious Child.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the link! I'm obsessed with Begin Again now as well. I remember Keira singing in The Edge of Love, but I don't remember her voice sounding like it did here. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sounded great, I couldn't believe it was her singing. I hope she gets more opportunities to show off her singing talents.

      Delete

Post a Comment