Skip to main content

10/15: Here's Johnny!

This month probably has the worst movies I have seen this year. I picked up one awful movie after another. There were a few gems though, and a highly recommended film but otherwise most fell flat. Despite it being a horror themed month, I have mostly avoided the genre's movies save for my blind spot pick. This was a good reading month though, having reached my reading goals of the year. The start of November means one more month until I go on a trip! It's only for a week but I am very excited. Autumn has always been pretty in colder climates, so hopefully I get a chance to catch the changing of the leaves. How was your October?


A Life Less Ordinary | Assassination Classroom | Close Range Love | Fish Story | How Stella Got Her Groove Back | I'll See You in My Dreams | Judge! | Knock Knock | Land of the Lost | Love Songs | Mortdecai | Princess Jellyfish | Results | Ricki and the Flash | The Final Girls | The Shining

A Life Less Ordinary - I think the direction was a key point in trying to save this movie, but the story was horrible, thus rendering it directionless.

Assassination Classroom - The premise is a bit out there, but it's a fun watch. 

Close Range Love - In what universe does the plot of this movie work as a romantic comedy? Most of the student-teacher relationship plots I've read always appear in dramas. This was just weird and awkward.

Fish Story - A story about how a song can change the world. It does tie up the ends nicely through segments on how the song influenced the lives of some people.

How Stella Got Her Groove Back - I would have liked this better if the movie was shorter. It was way too long for the story.

I'll See You in My Dreams - Blythe Danner and the story kind of reminded me of my grandmother.

Judge! - I never knew the world of advertising would be so cutthroat. Not that this movie appeared to be intense, it was quite silly. 

Land of the Lost - This was horrible. 

Love Songs - This was compared to the musicals of Jacques Demy, and was mentioned as a tribute to the director. This was alright; there were a lot of emotions the characters were experiencing. 

Mortdecai - This wasn't as bad as I expected. Very silly though.

Princess Jellyfish - It's a good film about finding confidence in yourself. 

Results - This made me feel like going on a run and working out.

Ricki and the Flash - This was highly predictable. I wanted to like because it seems like a light drama that would be enjoyable to watch, but I was wrong. 



Mariah shares what she learned from movies.

Eddie lists down his top 10 films of Johnny Depp.

Jay ranks Danny Ocean's crew for French Toast Sunday's Steven Septembergh.


Courtney lists down 10 greatest movie endings.


Fisti shares his top 100 films.

Comments

  1. I haven't seen any of these, but I read your Knock Knock review, it's a shame that movie failed so hard. I wish it would've been better because I like Roth so much and I feel bad for what happened with The Green Inferno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was awful. I thought it would have at least been fun to watch, but it wasn't.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link! You've got a lot covered...I need to catchup! I need to read your review of Final Girls...a friend of mine was actually in that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment