Thursday Movie Picks: Movies Featuring Amnesiacs

It’s another Thursday, which means another entry to Thursday Movie Picks, hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves! This week’s theme: amnesia. Here are my picks:



The amnesiac: Jason Bourne. This was a great trilogy, but I didn’t get into the bandwagon immediately because this was one of those trilogies that I’d catch snippets on, won’t understand a thing and move on. When I watched all three movies in a day, I immediately turned into a fan. It had the right kind of intensity and thrill, not to mention the stunt work. Matt Damon should get back to the franchise.

The amnesiac: Dory. While Nemo is cute, and his band of fishes (the fish tank group) has great dynamic, it was Dory who stole the show. She was the one bringing life to her duo with Marlin while swimming to Australia to locate Nemo. Ellen DeGeneres does a great job of voicing Dory, making the character more likeable. The sequel to Nemo comes out in a year or so; hopefully it’s as good as this!

The amnesiac: Joanna Stayton / Annie Proffitt. When Joanna fell overboard and lost her memory, Dean Proffitt took this as an opportunity to get back at her for underpaid work on a job. He immediately turns her from a rich heiress to a mother of four rowdy children. There’s nothing surprising about how it’s going to end, but I like the relationship Annie forges with Dean’s children, and despite that really huge lie she lived with, found her true happiness. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You watched all three (or the first three, I should say) in one day. Talk about a binge. A good binge, though, I must say. And you already know I approve of the Finding Nemo pick. Somehow, I've never seen Overboard. Sounds interesting. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth it! It was hard to stop after one movie, and I was asking myself why I didn't watch these sooner (or when they were actually released).

      Delete
  2. Love the Bourne Trilogy. The second and third movie should definitely be watched back to back. And yes it would be so great if Damon gets back to the franchise, it's just not as good without Bourne in it.
    Wandering through the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bourne Trilogy was awesome! I wonder how they're going to start his story off if Damon does go back to the franchise. It'll be weird to just cut Jeremy Renner out of it, considering their timelines cross. Maybe one more Renner-run movie, then re-introduce Jason Bourne?

      Delete