Life, Love and the Movies Blogathon is hosted by My Film Views and Karamel Kinema. Click the banner for instructions! It's actually a great way to know where the love for movies came from, and at the same time, to know more about the bloggers who participate.
1. What was the first movie you saw in the cinema and what do you remember about that visit?
When I was a child, I didn't live in an area where there is a decent cinema, so I watched most movies on VHS tapes. My first recollection of watching in the cinema was Charlie's Angels. I was 9 that time, and thought that all that was awesome. Obviously now I was wrong, but it makes for a great popcorn flick.
2. Are there any movies you have very strong memories of which are not because of the movie (for example something which happened at the time you were watching it)?
During my childhood, I would watch The Parent Trap on a daily basis because it was my sister's favorite movie. It became very repetitive to a point that we hid the tape and told her we lost it.
3. Which movies had a big impact on you and changed a (small) part of your view on life?
4. Do you have any comfort movies which you return to because you are in a specific mood (for example if you are feeling down/nursing a heartbreak)
I actually have a lot. Some that come to mind are Adventureland, Bridget Jones's Diary, Date Night and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (but more on the second and third films).
5. If a movie would be made about your life, what type of movie would it be and who would you like to portray you?
It's a cross between comedy and drama; there are fun moments, and there are the humanizing moments. I'd like Mia Wasikowska or Mindy Kaling (or a mix of both actresses) to portray me, and for a possible love interest, I'd like it to be Chris Hemsworth. That guy is seriously charismatic.
6. Which existing movie best represents you?
Before Sunrise. Not the whole Jesse and Celine falling in love part, but the moment where their lives were.
7. If you knew you would die tomorrow, what would be the last movie you would want to see?
8. If you can spend your life working in the film industry, what would you be and why? (you know, director, producer, actor, cinematographer, costume designer, sound designer etc?)
I would like to be a screenwriter/director. I like putting stories together, and envisioning it come together. Plus, you get to make the call because it's your story to tell.
1. Did you ever have a first kiss with someone while at the cinema and if so which movie was playing?
2. What is your favorite movie relationship and why?
Jesse and Celine from the Before Trilogy. I like how different they are from each other that they don't get tired of knowing more about their partner.
3. When did your love for movies start and how has it grown?
The love for movies runs in the family; I grew up alongside people who also loved movies hence, it's always been a family affair. Movies have always been a family affair, and its grown pretty much since my cousins grew old enough for me to tag along with them to the cinema.
4. If you have to choose one film to watch with your loved one, what would it be and why?
This is tough, but I think I'll go with Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. It's a beautiful movie, and it serves as a reminder that something comes out from every relationship.
5. If you can choose one character from a movie to be your significant other who would it be and why?
Mark Darcy from the Bridget Jones movies. He's not into romantic gestures, but there are moments that he makes up for his mistakes.
6. What was the first movie that made you fall in in love with film and cinema?
My Life Without Me. It opened doors to movies that are not just blockbusters.
7. How did your passion for movies turn you into a movie blogger?
Movies are a big part of my life. I keep a (now defunct) personal blog but I kept on writing about movies, so I transitioned to keeping a movie blog.
8. What is your favorite date from a movie?
Is Before Sunrise considered a movie date? If not, then the paintball date in 10 Things I Hate About You.