Trailers: The Huntsman, Zoolander 2, How to Be Single, Gods of Egypt


So this is happening. I think I'm one of the few who did enjoy Snow White and the Huntsman, but I didn't really expect a sequel from it. This time, Snow White's out of the picture (though I'm hoping there's some reference here to what she's been up to), focusing more on Hemsworth as the titular Huntsman. I'm glad Charlize Theron is back; she was a bit of a highlight in the first movie. Joining them are Emily Blunt (who is in so many movies lately, I love it!) and Jessica Chastain. Hopefully this would be enjoyable, a popcorn movie type of flick. 


Not that I have been waiting for a sequel, but Zoolander was hilarious, and this look funny. This is definitely on my 2016 watch list, and I'm hoping it'll be as fun and hilarious as the first. 



I like Rebel Wilson, I really do. Unfortunately, she's always stuck in a comedic role that sidetracks her; she's always the best friend, or the comic relief. It looks like a romantic comedy that seems to weigh heavily on the comedy part (at least in the trailer). Not a big fan of Dakota Johnson, but liking the rest of the cast. 



When was the last time a epic war movie has been a success? There were a ton of pictures that have failed to be awesome, with these movies heavily featuring visual effects and declarations of war. Butler's return to the genre reminded me of his 300 days, though why is he the marketed lead? It looks like Nicolaj Coster-Waldau's flick yet the man is not featured enough. This looks horrible and I'm definitely skipping this one. 

7 comments:

  1. Cool trailers! I really liked Snow White and the Huntsman. It's kind of a shame that even after the Kristen/Edward debacle was over, they didn't let her do another movie and still centered around Hemsworth's character. Theron/Blunt/Chastain were good touches though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too hopeful about The Huntsman but I like the cast so I'll be tuning in for them.

      Delete
  2. Gods of Egypt....my gosh that thing looks bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of the epic movies released recently have been making money, why add another disaster to the list?

      Delete
  3. The Huntsman looks excellent and I will want to see that in the theatre. Zoolander just looks funny as hell. Not sure about the How to be Single film. The last movie-Oh I want to see that one because it looks so bad it will be good-This could be an Ed Wood film if he had money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not keeping my hopes up for Huntsman, but looking forward for that and Zoolander. Will be skipping the latter flicks though.

      Delete
  4. Gods of Egypt is so embarrassingly bad, I can't believe these actors even signed on to do it. I'll watch the Huntsman and Zoolander sequel though, in fact I just saw Zoolander recently and found it quite hilarious!

    ReplyDelete