January Round Up

"January seems to be so long...it's the end of January already?"

New films seen: 17
Rewinds: 2
Total: 19
Awards season officially kicked off this month, and in a couple of weeks, it would be the most important awards night, The Academy Awards. Argo has been pulling awards here and there, but there's still a slight chance Lincoln will win the Oscar, so we just have to wait and see. I've been out for some time so I missed an entire week of movie-viewing. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up this month, movie and blog-wise. 

Some links:
Mettel Ray wrote about her favorite Friends moments. Her list is great! While checking it out, go read about her views on the downfall of comedies (part 1 and part 2).

Sofia from Film Flare shares her ten favorite Paul Newman and Cary Grant films. 

I haven't seen the entirety of New York, I Love You (but have seen Paris, je'taime). Alex from And So It Begins gives a breakdown of the film, which I think you should give a read before seeing the flick. Also, check out the In Character feature. The last post was about Ralph Fiennes, who is really good. I have yet to see Schindler's List, but I tend to stay away from Holocaust films because they immediately make me sad.

Sati from Cinematic Corner shares her favorite scenes from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, as well as her comedic take on Leo not being nominated. He is always snubbed for the awards; he already deserves an Oscar so can they give it to him already?

Castor from Anomalous Material shares Oscar nominated short from Disney entitled Paperman. I guess they're also taking the Pixar short route. Good luck to them!

Ruth from Flix Chatter writes about being able to travel via cinema in In Bruges.

What's Next on Feb?
I still have a couple of reviews to write. Maybe an anti-Valentine post? Community's almost premiering, so that's something to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. This year I'm really out of the whole Oscars thing, I haven't seen most of the nominees, and will probably not be able to see them before the ceremony -- it's frustrating!

    thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete