05/16: Monthly Recap

It's already mid-June...and I'm just writing my May wrap up. The past few weeks got away from me. I went on a quick holiday with my family, and have been busy with work recently, so I'm only finding time now to write this. This space will be a bit quiet for now; I have been thinking about the blog and the direction it's going to. Stepping away from doing anything blog-related has been great, but that just means there's a lot of stuff to catch up on.

Movies Watched and Reviewed this Month
Our Little Sister | The Family Fang

Other First Time Screenings

Hello My Name is Doris - I was cheering for Sally Field to get it with Max Greenfield - I think that summarizes the viewing experience. Otherwise, it was a nice film to unwind to at the end of a grueling day.

How to Be Single - This was kind of all over the place. There were parts that were all right, then something else happens and it destroys what the all right parts have built up.

London Has Fallen - Not as entertaining as the first, but

Love, the Coopers - Amanda Seyfried should get a new agent. She's like a poster girl for these types of movies.

Son of Saul - I expected more from this. Granted the subject matter is heavy and the film was filled with drama and social tension, but it doesn't leave me thinking about it afterwards.

The Bank Job - I really enjoyed this one. It's not flashy, but sometimes a quiet heist movie can be appreciated when you've seen a lot of engaging and thrilling heist flicks.

The Diary of a Teenage Girl - The book was difficult to stomach in. The movie does the same.

What Isn't There - I really enjoyed this, but I wasn't satisfied with the way things ended.

X-Men: Apocalypse - The storyline was wafer thin, but it was entertaining. Also broody Michael Fassbender.

Zoolander 2 - I wanted to love this. It had some funny parts, but the movie just falls flat.

Zootopia - I like the message that the film promotes, and it's a good film for children and adult alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment